If your child is participating in GIPSA on Wednesday 28 July, please see below:
GIPSA procedures and times
|8:45am – 8:55am||Students go to their normal Roll Mark class|
|9:00am – 9:15am|
Buses depart to venues
· Students meet in the Student Activity Centre (SAC) for buses departing Helensvale Road
· Students meet in Foundation Square for buses departing Rugby Lane
|10:30am – 1:50pm||Game time|
|2:00pm ||Buses depart sport venues back to Helensvale State High School|
Please be reminded that, as per the Queensland Government current COVID restrictions, masks and physical distancing is required. These restrictions are to be implemented when participating at GIPSA sporting events by both students and staff.
The school does not have the provisions to provide a face mask for students.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Surfing and bodyboarding students
· Students participating in surfing and bodyboarding must be at school by 6:20am to meet staff at the Helensvale Road bus bay for a 6:30am departure.
· These students will arrive back at school at 12:30pm and need to make suitable arrangements to travel home at this time.
· Students will be dismissed from Helensvale State High School at 2.55pm on GIPSA days.
· All students participating in a GIPSA Sport MUST have returned their permission note to leave school grounds, otherwise will be placed in a school based activity.
· All students are asked to check to ensure their permission note has been received. It is the responsibility of the individual student to check this.
· Students who have not returned their note, will not be permitted to participate in GIPSA days until one is received.
· Students who need a new note can collect one from the Student Activity Centre (SAC) staffroom.
· Students must be in the full school uniform (formal or sports) when they arrive at school and travel to and from the venue.
· If a student arrives at the bus or a sport venue not in uniform, teachers will ask them to change into the correct uniform.
· If a student does not want to comply with this, they will be unable to continue with that sports activity.
· Students who consistently fail to follow teacher instructions will put their place in their sports activity in jeopardy.
· Students are representing the school and as such must be good role models.
· Students need to be encouraged to play sport in a respectful manner.
Nutrition and Hydration
· Students need to bring their own lunch (some venues may have a canteen but this cannot be guaranteed)
· Students are to make sure they have water and a water bottle
· Students are expected to be sun safe. Students are encouraged to wear a hat and apply sunscreen.