Phone: +617 5573 8555
Facsimile: +617 5573 8500
We love celebrating our students’ achievements!
Unfortunately we can’t keep track of all the awesome things they may be doing.
Is your student participating in an extracurricular activity that you would
like Helensvale SHS to acknowledge? Please feel free to send appropriate photos
and the relevant information to email@example.com
and we will contact you as soon as possible.
Administration office hours are 8:00am - 3:30pm Monday, 8.00am to 4.00pm Tuesday to Thursday and 8.00am to 3.30pm Friday during school term.
Finance Monday to Thursday 8am - 1.45pm
P&C uniform shop Monday - Thursday 8am - 12.05pm
Physical and postal address
243 Discovery Drive
Helensvale Qld 4212
Student Services - Arrivals, Departures and Absences
Notification of Student absences
Helensvale State High School has a dedicated line to receive messages regarding student absences and late arrivals.
Please note this line is for SMS only, not voice messages.
Please send an SMS to 0457 478 277 in the following format:
Please use this as your preferred method of notification and add this number to your contacts. The School will continue to request advice from parents/carers for unexplained absences if you have not notified us. Notifying the School will minimise the need for these investigations.
Alternatively, you can advise us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Parents/guardians should advise the school if their student is going to be late, prior to their arrival, by sending an SMS to 0457 478 277 or by giving them a note. The students MUST sign in at student services upon arrival at school or they will be marked absent.
Please note: If the student does not have a note, or we have not received a phone call, they will automatically receive a lunch time detention.
Students should not leave school grounds without first signing out through the Student Services Counter. In the case of an emergency, we need to know the whereabouts of ALL students.
- Please be advised that there are no phones in classrooms to contact teachers and/or students so the only way a student will not be permitted to leave class early is by prior arrangement with Student Services.
- If you know your student has an appointment, please send him/her to school with a note. This should be brought to student services before school or during break times to receive a leave request. Students will not be allowed to leave class, without a leave request
- Students are unable to leave class, unless previously organised, due to the impact these interruptions have on individual and class learning time. If unforeseen circumstances occur, we are happy to attempt to contact students during break times to issue a pass, enabling them to be released from class.
- The student must be collected from Student Services by a parent/guardian or someone listed as an emergency contact, from the Student Services office only.
For your information, we can attempt to contact students during the following break times:
Tuesday – Friday
- 11.20am – 12.05pm
- 1.15pm – 1.45pm
Please note we are unable to do “call outs” for students when Block Exams are taking place.
On GIPSA/Wellbeing days, students do an alternative program and are not in their timetabled classes. Therefore, we are unable to locate students for early collection so this MUST be pre-arranged.
Students unwell during school time:
- If a student feels unwell during lesson time, they MUST NOT contact their parent/guardian directly. They must report it to their teacher who will then send them to Sick Bay in Student Services
- If a student feels unwell during break time they must go to Sick Bay.
- The student will be assessed and if necessary, the parent/guardian will be contacted to collect their child. If we are unable to make contact with the parent/guardian, the student will be allowed to rest for 15 minutes before returning to class.
- It is vitally important that your contact details are up to date and you check your phone for messages. Please be aware our number appears as a private number if you miss our call, but we will leave a voice message wherever possible.
- Please collect lost items and report any missing items at Student Services.
- If your child has forgotten something and you are required to bring it to school, please take it to Student Services and advise your student to collect it from there.
- Student Services can hold medication only if it is prescribed by a G.P. Student Services have paperwork that must be completed, signed by the parent, and returned to Student Services before the medication can be administered.