Helensvale State High School runs a One2One Laptop program, whereby the majority of students participate in the Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) option - students are invited to bring their own personal devices to school to support their learning. We also offer a very limited number of school hire 24/7 laptops, mainly to our senior students. To be eligible to participate in either, students must be a financial member of the Student Resource Scheme; and a parent/carer and the student agree to and sign the 2020 Laptop Program Agreement (PDF, 831KB). They are required to bring a device that meets the minimum specifications (PDF, 449KB) given by the school. For the BYOD program, an annual fee for connectivity and technical support of $16 is also required and those approved to the school laptop hire program need to pay the annual hire cost of $200.
If you are yet to purchase a device, we highly recommend purchasing from our BYOD Vendor Portal (PDF, 644KB) (HP, Dell or Acer) as there are distinct advantages over purchasing from a retailer: warranty, accidental damage protection insurance, school support in logging repairs, quick turnaround and client convenience.
OUR SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS:
- One2One Learning Program Charter (PDF, 905KB): this document outlines the policies, acceptable devices and important information about our laptop program.
- 2020 Laptop Program Agreement (PDF, 831KB): The participation agreement signed by parent/carer and student in acknowledgement of school requirements. Part A of this form MUST be signed by all Helensvale SHS students and either Part B for the BYOD program or Part C school laptop hire program, if relevant.
- BYOD Vendor Portals: We have developed an agreement with 3 vendors – HP, Acer & Dell - whereby all laptops purchased through this portal have considerable advantages over shop purchases – see listed bullet points inside the vendor document. This document contains the links and entry login details to each site.
- Product Brochures: one for each vendor will be loaded to our website by mid September, but all products are more easily researched from each vendor's portal website.
- Minimum Laptop Specifications (PDF, 449KB): Very important to read and take with you if you choose to shop from a retailer, although our advice is to shop through the BYOD Vendor Portal.
- Microsoft Office for Students: There are two documents – one for Windows devices (PDF, 769KB) and one for Mac devices (PDF, 1034KB) - whereby you are provided with information to download a free version of Microsoft Office on up to 5 devices per student, using student's school login credentials.
- Once Finance requirements (payment and form) have been completed, students need to bring their device to the IT Support Office in S205 for boarding to the school BYOx network.
School Webmail Link
All students are able to access their email via the following link http://owa.eq.edu.au